CFA Institute to Host Seventh Middle East Investment Conference
CFA Society Bahrain to unveil results of its annual Middle East Societies Market Sentiment Survey.
CFA Society Bahrain and CFA Institute, the global association of investment professionals, are to host the seventh annual Middle East Investment Conference 2016 (MEIC) on 13th April for the second time in Bahrain. The event is open to all CFA charterholders and investment professionals from across the Middle East region and will be held at the Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain Hotel & Spa in Manama.
The MEIC will bring together international thought leaders, policymakers, industry experts, and key market participants from across the region to reflect on this year’s theme “Beyond Borders: MENA’s Role in the Global Economy”.
Ahead of the conference, CFA Institute will also publish the findings of its Middle East Societies Market Sentiment Survey which gauges the thoughts and opinions of almost 200 regionally-based investment professionals, highlighting a broad range of economic, investment and employment trends currently facing investment markets in the Middle East. Responses were drawn from across the GCC as well as Lebanon and the broader MENA region.
The speakers will address topics which are of significance to investment professionals in the current market conditions and include:
- GDP Structures: Changing Economic Foundations in the GCC—Implications for the Future
- Geopolitics and the Impact for Investors
- The Future of MENA Capital Markets: A Conversation with Industry Leaders
- Global Growth and Investment Strategies in a World of Technological and Demographic Shifts
- Emerging Markets
- Featured speakers include:
- Yousef Abdullah Al-Benyan, Vice-Chairman and CEO, SABIC
- Florence Eid-Oakden, CEO and Chief Economist, Arabia Monitor
- Lindsey Matthews, Head of R&D, UBS Delta
- Chester Santos, Global Memory Training Expert
- Lord Adair Turner, Chairman, Institute for New Economic Thinking
- Martyn Davies, Managing Director – Emerging Markets and Africa, Deloitte Frontier Advisory
- Yousef Gamal El-Din, Founder, Medialitera FZE
- Dambisa Moyo, Global Economist & Author
- Willis Sparks, Director of Global Macro, Eurasia Group
Ahead of the conference, Nitin Mehta, CFA, Managing Director for Europe, Middle East, and Africa, commented: “We are delighted to be returning to Bahrain with an outstanding conference programme featuring some of the industry’s most distinguished speakers and topics. The MEIC has become an important landmark event for investment professionals in the region and a forum to hear from some of the leading thinkers in our business. I would therefore encourage all investment professionals to attend.”
Commenting on the conference, Mr. Mahmoud Nawar, president of CFA Society Bahrain, said: “Given the uncertainty of the economic outlook for 2016, it is our aim that this conference will present important insights into investor-related issues. The topics covered during the conference will be directly applicable to all the investment professionals in attendance, as they touch upon the trends which these individuals have to face today or in the near future. Some of the world’s leading investment and economic minds in these markets will offer highly beneficial information which we hope can better inform professionals about successful investment strategies. This event will create a platform for investment opportunities in Bahrain.”
A media breakfast conference to unveil the full findings of the CFA Middle East Societies Market Sentiment Survey 2016 will be held at Ritz Carlton in Bahrain at 10:30am on the 12 April 2016. All media are invited to attend this as well as the conference itself.