Marriott international’s (NASDAQ: MAR) Cultural Game Changers, an international thought leaders forum, will take place at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai on March 19, 2016. This event follows the success of Cultural Game Changers London, which, in July 2015, inaugurated the series at The London EDITION hotel.
Cultural Game Changers Dubai will bring together pioneers in art, design, fashion, film and the media to discuss their work and share ideas about the future of their chosen fields as well as to identify key trends and insights relating to next generation audiences.
Marriott International is actively expanding its portfolio of luxury and lifestyle brands internationally. In the Middle East and Africa region the expansion continues with the scheduled openings of 17 new properties in 2016, six of which are luxury and lifestyle brands, including Renaissance Hotels, Autograph Collection and The Ritz-Carlton.
Tina Edmundson, Global Officer, Luxury and Lifestyle Brands, Marriott International, comments, “Cultural Game Changers Dubai advances our cultural intelligence and helps us reinvent our existing and new hotel brands, such as Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Renaissance Hotels, Autograph Collection, Moxy and AC Hotels and also engages next generation travelers on their own terms, with meaningful new experiences. An intimate, international forum for creative leaders who are shaping our culture, Cultural Game Changers generates inspiring dialogue among influencers in the fields of art, design, fashion, film and the media. With the participation of Twitter at this event, we will open up the conversation to a broad, international audience in real time.”
The line-up of panelists for Cultural Game Changers Dubai includes:
- Dana Farouki, Patron, Art Dubai; Chair, The Abraaj Group Art Prize; Trustee, MoMA PS1 and Trustee, Creative Time
- Kinda Ibrahim, Director of Media Partnerships, Twitter MENA
- Danielle Perissi, Head of Documentary Film & Television and Marketing & Communications, Image Nation Abu Dhabi
- Khulood Thani, designer and founder, Bint Thani
- Suzanne Trocmé, author, curator, designer and Editor-at-large, Wallpaper* magazine
- Bronwyn Cosgrave, best-selling author, curator and cultural commentator, will chair the lively hour-long, brunch-time Cultural Game Changers Dubai discussion, drawing on the panelists’ impactful work. She will also elicit their ideas about future trends, insights relating to their industries and next generation audiences. “Cultural Game Changers is part think tank, part salon,” explains Cosgrave, who will chair the talk around a brunch table. “Panelists converse naturally with influencers and media guests in a relaxed manner to stimulate an intimate, provocative and thoughtful discussion.”
This first-time Cultural Game Changers partnership with Twitter will allow Tweeters to actively participate in the forum by watching it live stream on Periscope @JWDubaiMarquis (March 19, 2016, 11:45am–1:15pm GST), and interact with the Cultural Game Changers Dubai panelists by posting their ideas and questions on Twitter. This initiative will engage a global audience in a real-time cultural conversation. It is prompted by Twitter having recently opened its Dubai headquarters. Twitter Dubai is the first office in the MENA region for California-based social media company. MENA is one of the fastest-growing markets for Twitter.
Alex Kyriakidis, President & Managing Director, Marriott International, Middle East and Africa, comments “We are thrilled to extend our hospitality to esteemed local and international participants in this inspiring forum at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, and to celebrate world class innovation and creativity at a time when the city is hosting cultural travelers from around the globe.”
Ask questions and watch the live stream of Cultural Game Changers Dubai on Periscope @JWDubaiMarquis on March 19, 2016 from 11:45am-1:15pm GST